Augmentor is designed to accelerate the adoption of immersive technologies (augmented, virtual and mixed reality and haptics), to drive business growth and to increase the size of the immersive UK market to become a global leader in this area.
By supporting early stage immersive reality startups, Augmentor encourages collaborations between frontier technology companies and industry, showcasing some of the exceptional talent and solutions being developed.
Since 2017 Augmentor has created a variety of opportunities for the startups that have taken part in previous years – download the programme overview.
Please carefully read our comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions before applying.
What’s new in 2020
In 2020 Augmentor will focus on supporting early stage, immersive B2B companies that are addressing enterprise-level challenges (for example large organisations and small and medium businesses). Augmentor will also be backing cross technology solutions that link immersive with other emergent technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), distributed ledger technologies (DLT) and 5G.
Augmentor will support companies that can deliver immersive tools or solutions and are working closely with the following industries:
- Architecture, engineering and construction
- 3D design, production and tooling
- Advanced manufacturing (for example robotics, automotive, aerospace, supply chain)
- Data visualisation
- Utilities sector
- Creative (for example entertainment, gaming, media)
Augmentor will help accelerate business growth of immersive B2B companies and drive impact through bespoke mentorship and workshop support from leading experts in the industry:
- To increase companies’ investment readiness and confidence in the venture capitalist and angel landscape, Augmentor will engage with investment experts to help companies shape the best businesses propositions possible
- To improve companies’ business confidence in the landscape, Augmentor will engage with industry experts to help companies build the right strategies and execution plans so they can drive your business further.
Cohort companies will finally showcase and pitch their businesses to industry and investment stakeholders at the Augmentor showcase on Thursday 28 January 2021.
Considerations for applicants
The COVID-19 outbreak has significantly impacted businesses and economies around the world, but at the same time it created a space for new business opportunities and applications. Resilience and adaptation are now key for successful business recovery across all sectors.
Augmentor encourages all the applicants to reflect on how their business and industries were impacted – how you plan to attract private or public funding now, the product changes that you need to apply and whether you will have to adapt it to a new industry sector.
In particular, we ask startup founders to think about their immersive products industry relevance, clients needs and safety of its users in the current environment.
This will make sure that the Augmentor acceleration programme will be focused on how to best support UK immersive startups to endure and thrive.
Applications deadline: Wednesday 29 July at 23:59
The open call will stay live until Wednesday 29 July at 23:59. We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation and adapt the programme accordingly.
For now, we would like to give the applicants plenty of time and opportunity to apply to be part of the programme.
How to apply
- Please carefully read the list of FAQs and T&Cs before applying
- Complete the registration of interest form on this website
- An email will be sent to the address indicated in the registration of interest form with the link to the full application form
Other application considerations
As a sign of commitment to the programme, successful applicants will be expected to sign a Warrant Agreement to participate in the programme (i.e. equity warrant). Please consult ‘Warrant Agreement’ of FAQs for more information.